Renaud Empire: DISASTER AREA

Here’s a short video highlighting the damage done to our house.

Here’s the story in a nutshell: a huge tornado-producing storm swept across St. Louis. North County was hit particularly hard. Our giant oak tree in the backyard fell on our house. The sun room was destroyed, and much of the kitchen is collapsed.

The important thing is that we are all safe and sound. Yoli and the kids were home alone and I was at work, but they took shelter in the basement and were protected. Our neighbors helped them get out of the basement through a window.

Anyway, here’s the video:

About Josh Renaud

I'm the Emperor of the Renaud Empire, which is to say that I'm the husband of a Boliviana and the father of three daughters and one son. When I'm not conquering lands and expanding borders, I'm a newspaper designer for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Find me on Twitter (@Kirkman) or Google+.
This entry was posted in ferguson, life, videos and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Renaud Empire: DISASTER AREA

1. Kate Kimble says:

Holy cow, so glad you guys are all safe. I’m always amazed how some trees (like the flowering one in your neighbor’s yard) look like nothing happened while others uproot and fall on houses. Tornadoes are weird.

2. Kenny says:

Josh – how is it that the tornado pushed a mighty oak tree into your house but the neighbor’s dogwood tree still has white flowers all over it?

3. Josh Renaud says:

Kenny, I don’t think it was the actual tornado, but regardless it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense….

4. Carol says:

PTL that Yoli and the kids were in the basement! God’s in control, so He has a great re-design plan for your “new” home! It’s still amazing to see the destruction. Thanks for posting the video and the pics. We’ll be praying for y’all.

5. Tatiana Vazquez says:

Yolange, estan hermosos tus retoños,hace rato que entraba a su pagina. Felicidades y mucho animo¡¡¡¡

6. Cal Ulloa says:

My goodness. That was serious! Praise the Lord everyone in your family is okay!