Address: 624 Forest Ave., Ferguson, MO 63135
Phone: (314) 200-5760
Developer — Feb 2011 to present — St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- Created news apps and interactive projects for the Post-Dispatch's website, stltoday.com. (See examples)
Page designer — July to Sept. 2003, Jan. to Dec. 2004, Jan. 2005 to present — St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- Designed covers and inside pages for daily news and sports sections, as well as special coverage including the World Series. (See examples)
Freelance designer — July 2001; May 2002; Feb. and May 2003 — St. Louis Business Journal
- Paginated entire May 9 issue.
- Designed pages for How to Do Business guide and contributed to other special projects.
Opinion shaper — Feb. 2002 to Jan. 2003 — North County Journal
- Wrote quarterly columns on religious, technological, and political issues with local interest.
Page designer — Nov. 2001 to Mar. 2002 — St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- Designed pages during Super Bowl, Winter Olympics, Final Four and regular sports coverage.
- Prepared advance pages for Dan Devine memorial.
Design intern — Aug. 2001 to Nov. 2001 — St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- Learned Harris pagination system.
- Designed pages for World Series and Rams season preview sections.
Editor-in-chief — May 2000 to May 2001 — The Current (University of Missouri - St. Louis)
- Supervised staff of 35 in editorial and business divisions to produce 32 weekly issues.
- Served as de facto news editor for 17 issues.
- Implemented all-digital production system.
- Developed successful 2001-02 budget and capital request presentation.
- Wrote production manual and style guide, as well as staff policy manual.
- Wrote bid specifications for print contract prior to school year.
Production manager and Web editor — May 1999 to Apr. 2000 — The Current (University of Missouri - St. Louis)
- Redesigned the newspaper and website prior to the school year.
- Developed three-year business plan for website.
News reporter — Oct. 1998 to Apr. 1999 — The Current (University of Missouri - St. Louis)
- Covered technology, student government, and general assignments.
Seminario Teológico Hebrón — Feb. 2003 to now
- Developed two sites: one in Spanish targeted to reach potential South American students; the other targeted to potential North American donors. Visit Spanish site | Visit English site
Public Policy Research Center — July to December 2002
- Redesigned site with the goals of reducing clutter, simplifying navigation, and making the pages more vivid. Visit site
Petra Rocks My World — Summer 1998 to now
- Sharp design, excellent content, and consistent marketing efforts have made this the most popular fan site of pioneer Christian rock band Petra. The site conforms to all the latest web standards (XHTML 1 and CSS 2). Visit site
See my web design portfolio to find more websites I've worked on
University of Missouri - St. Louis — Jan. 2003
- Bachelor of Arts, Communication
- Writing certificate
- Graduated summa cum laude
Missouri College Media Association
- Best in state (newspaper), 1st place — 2002
- In-depth news reporting, 1st place — 2002
- Information graphic, 3rd place — 2001
- Column writing, 3rd place — 2001
- Photo page design, 2nd place — 2001
- Feature page design, 2nd place — 2001
- Front page design, 1st & 2nd place — 2001
- Front page design, 1st place — 2000
St. Louis Journalism Foundation
- Press Club scholarship — 2001
University of Missouri - St. Louis
- Outstanding member of an organization — 2001
- Curator's scholarship — 1998-2002
- Dean's list — 1998-2002
- Marcella Brenner Seminar in Israel for University Newspaper Editors — Jan. 2001
- Management Seminar for College Newspaper Editors, Cox Institute for Newspaper Management Studies, University of Georgia — Aug. 2000
- Children: Preschool teacher and supervisor at Grace Church - St. Louis — 1992 to present
- Overseas: Designed websites and brochures for a seminary and other Christian ministries in Santa Cruz, Bolivia — Jan. to Feb. 2003
Other work experience
- Communications assistant, Public Policy Research Center — Apr. to Dec. 2002
- Television commercial — 1998
- Asst. waiter, Tornatore's Ristorante — 1997-1999